Before the University of Guelph was created in 1964, three colleges shared the present-day campus: Ontario Agricultural College, Ontario Veterinary College and Macdonald Institute, a college for young women to get training in nature study, manual training, domestic science and domestic art. By the 1950s, Macdonald Institute was the premier home economics school in North America. The photo above was taken in 1952 in Macdonald Hall, a residence for Macdonald Institute students.
Art class at Ontario Ladies' College in renamed Trafalgar Castle School in 1979
history of St. Paul's written by Gerald Friesen, St. Paul's College, University of Manitoba: Memories and Histories (1999). founded in 1926 by the Oblate Fathers as the first English Catholic High School in Manitoba; affiliated with University of Manitoba in 1931