Derby Tavern on Queenston Road -- 126 Queenston Road. In the 1920's this tavern was called the Derby House, a wagon stop for traffic along a rough road that let to Niagara. Named after Mr. Derbyshire, the first owner, its second owner turned it into a larger complex in 1954. The Derby was a live country music hot spot in its heyday. It closed in 2009. This photograph was taken by J. Brian Henley, who at the time was an employee of the Hamilton Public Library.