This mountain is near the town of Tulita, which is at confluence of the Bear River and the Mackenzie River in the Northwest Territories, Canada. The three patches on the side of mountain represent "beaver pelts" according to an ancient Dene legend.
The Old Anglican Church of Tulit’a, Northwest Territories. This church is an official historic site because it was built in 1880 and is one of the oldest standing buildings in the Northwest Territories.
Tulita, which in Dene language means "where the rivers or waters meet," is a hamlet in the Sahtu Region of the Northwest Territories, Canada. It was formerly known as Fort Norman, until 1 January 1996. It is located at the junction of the Great Bear River and the Mackenzie River; the Bear originates at Great Bear Lake adjacent to Deline. Tulita is in an area that is forested and well south of the tree line. Permafrost underlays the area, more or less continuous in distribution.