Edmonton Public Library, Central Branch, ca. 1950s? Opened in 1923, the building was demolished in 1966. Note the horrid Hotel MacDonald extension in the background, which too was demolished.
THE COMING TWO OR THREE FOR ONE
Back in the olden days, Edmonton was a different place. Sure, the streets still had potholes and the summers were hot/winters cold, but when it came to the hockey club good players came from everyw…
Edmonton Public Library
Designed by architects H.A. Magoon and G.H. MacDonald, this was the main branch of the Edmonton Public Library from 1923-1967. | #architecture #ClassicalRevival #libraries #edmonton #alberta #EdmontonsArchitecturalHeritage