Harry Potter bookshelf quilt. I got the blocks from fandominstitches.com, under the 'Harry Potter bookcase' section. I made this for a friend who is a major HP fan, as well as an incurable bookworm. It took me a solid month of stitching to make it.
A gift for a friend. I designed the layout based upon the horse panels. I used the star motifs from the panels to spice things up. The arrows are from a tutorial that I found on pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/462744930436383566/
I used this pattern that I found through pinterest to try out the needleturn applique technique (I've always used freezer paper instead). I also tried the window technique to trace the layout of the pattern with a blue water-soluble pen that I washed out afterwards. Other than the puckering, I'm very pleased with the results. My sister liked it, so I've given it to her to frame. You can make your own version: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/462744930439723261/
The first quilt where I did the top stitching myself.
Detail of horse quilt. This is one of my first attempts at free motion quilting