The Brantford Provincal Court House
Architect John Turner and contractor William Sinon built this court house for the Provisional County of Brant in 1852-53. Turner was Brantford's most influential nineteenth-century architect, designing several important public buildings in Brant and Elgin Counties. The Brant County Court House contained court rooms, county offices, the law library and jail. Although the architecture of the building remains predominantly Greek Revival, its appearance was transformed in 1861 and 1886-67 when…
Find Brantford breaking news, latest stories, recent happenings, events and updates in Brantford, Ontario. Coverage includes local, Ontario, Canada & World news, updates from West sport teams, business & entertainment world. Exclusive coverage, photo galleries, videos and much more from Brantford Expositor.
Livingstone Collection - Miscellaneous Identified - Archives
Historic photo of Brantford, Ontario. Note: the spire in the background (on left) looks to be the Congregational Church on George St., designed by William Mellish and built in 1865.
Thousands of years of Brantford-area history unearthed
BRANTFORD – The unearthing of an estimated 400,000 artifacts shed light on the long past history of Brantford, Ontario and Canada, as well as evidence of Haudenosaunee occupation long before the Haldimand Deed of 1784. The findings were unearthed during the demolition of century old buildings along Colborne Street East in Brantford, in preparation for