Dufferin St Clair Branch - Toronto Public Library. The building opened in 1921, and was called Earlscourt Branch until 1972. The Reid murals were completed in May, 1926 but were painted over in a later renovation in 1964. Interior murals painted by George A. Reid, principal of the Ontario College of Art, and by two of his former students, Lorna Claire and Doris McCarthy during 1925-1932. In 2007-2008 they have been uncovered and restored.
Dufferin St Clair Branch - Ink sketch by GA Reid for murals at branch - In 1925, the mural competition sponsored by the Royal Canadian Academy of Artists attracted sixty entries, of which six finalists were awarded commissions. George A. Reid’s mural design for the Earlscourt Branch Library, now the Dufferin St. Clair branch, was completed in 1926. G. A. Reid scrapbooks, AGO