How to poach the perfect egg
• 2 teaspoons white vinegar
• 4 fresh free-range eggs
• Half-fill a large shallow frying pan with water; add vinegar. Bring to the boil.
• Break 1 egg into a small bowl or cup.
• Swirl the boiling water with a whisk to create a whirlpool, then slide the egg into the pan.
• Repeat with remaining eggs. When all the eggs are in the pan, allow the water to return to the boil. Cover the pan, then turn off the heat; stand for 4 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over the yolks.
• Remove eggs with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towel.
Comments are turned off for this Pin