The historic Birks Clock, which now hangs in the Farmers Market, also known as “Clock of the Charging Horsemen”. Commissioned in 1930 by Birks Jewelers for the corner of their building at King and James, the clock measures over 17’ in height, weighs over a ton and is made of bronze cladding.The clock features a round Norman tower, and four jousting knights at the base modeled after a clock at Wells Cathedral in England. The knights joust on the 1/4 hour.
Liuna Station, downtown Hamilton (Barton Street and Murray Street). The CNR station was built in the Neo-classical style in 1929 and the first passenger train left the station in 1930. It closed in Feb 1993 and lay abandoned for a few years until used for a Hollywood movie. It was then bought by LIUNA (Labourer's International Union of North America and after renovations opened in 2000 as an elegant banqueting hall.
Cannon Coffee Co., corner of Cannon Street and Ottawa Street. Check it out for fantastic coffee and mouth drooling snacks. Pop in here after fabric shopping on Ottawa Street and support these two girls from Toronto.
Here’s the hottest housing market in Canada nobody’s talking about