Sainte Chapelle (The Holy Chapel) is a 13th-century Gothic chapel on the Île de la Cité in the heart of Paris, France. It was built by Louis IX for use as his royal chapel. Sainte-Chapelle was founded by the ultra-devout King Louis IX of France, who constructed it as a chapel for the royal palace and to house a splinter from what was believed to be the cross of Christ and thorns from the crown of thorns.
Sainte Chapelle. Built in 1248 in Paris, France. It is the most sumptuous church in medieval Christendom. It is the resting place of holy relics: crown of thorns and a fragment of the cross. Between the columns are hugh windows, the walls are given over entirely to glass.