Dairyman H. C. Badger opened a “fine new dairy” on Ferry Street in 1915. “Milk was brought in from farmers in the large metal milk cans. It was pasteurised, put into bottles and then delivered to customers by milkmen who used horse drawn wagons”. - G. Seibel.
Originally located on River Road, the Cliff House Hotel was built in 1872 by Philip Bender. It was originally named for its cliff's edge location on the river bank, and later renamed the Queen's Hotel.In 1927, A. H. Collett purchased the hotel, dismantled the building, and had it re-erected on St. Paul Avenue with only minor changes. Today, the building is home to The Queen’s Coach Family Restaurant. Niagara Falls Public Library
This 1929 photo shows the Lundy’s Lane Service Station that was operated by John J. Holmes. The Holmes family later operated the Grandview Tourist Camp at this same location. The Falls Manor Restaurant has been serving delicious meals for more than four decades. Niagara Falls Public Library. Canada 150.
Once used as a rest stop and hospital during the War of 1812, the Lundy homestead was built in 1790 by William Lundy, one of the first settlers in the area. The property remained in the Lundy family for more than 200 years until it was redeveloped in 1997 to become Canada One Brand Name Outlets. Canada 150: Niagara Falls Then and Now. Niagara Falls Public Library.