Hamilton Beach Strip. This view of the beach, looking south, was taken from the top of the brick power house for the Hamilton Radial Electric Railway in the 1890s. Also shown are the tracks for the Hamilton & North Western Railway (on the left), presently the Hamilton Rail Trail, and the Hamilton Radial track, on the right. Photograph by Charles S. Cochran.
Historypin | Map | Hamilton General Hospital. in 1879 City of Hamilton purchased 4 acres north of Barton between Wellington and Victoria. It first opened in 1892, the maternity unit opened in and in 1938 the first cancer clinic in Hamilton was established at the general
Historypin | Map | Mountain Sanitorium was founded 1906 to provide care to people from Hamilton and area who were ill with tuberculosis. Between 1958 and 1962, 1,272 Inuit were treated there for tuberculosis