Cannock War Memorial was one of three UK memorials designed and sculpted by Giuseppe Lagomarsini in Italy and shipped to stonemasons James Beresford and sons of Belper, Derbyshire. The first in Matlock Bath was unveiled May 21st 1921. Cannock was the second with this design unveiled May 22nd 1923. Scunthorpe was the third which was unveiled November 14th 1926. The photo shows Scunthorpe, Cannock and Matlock Bath memorials in recent times.
Oldham War Memorial
1920's view of the war memorial with the Royal Oak, the National Provincial Bank and E.F.Allen's Piano Shop in the background.